Saturday, December 20, 2008

quiz time!



Not the quiz: What does this look like to you?

Quiz: What did I take a photo of to create this image?

Whoever answers correctly first gets a great big sloppy shout out from me. (Except for anonymous1, a.k.a. A1)

------

Steven Taylor is a winner. Sloppy hugs to him!!!!

(Even though, frankly, I'm mad at him for getting it so quickly.)

The original shot below. I flipped it over, punched up the colors by 4,519% (or a lot) and put a bright star-like thingy in the corner. Oh, but that's not enough to cloak it from ol' cloven-hooved Mr. Omniscient over there in AL.

Whatever.

Anyway, congrats Steven. (You just ruin everything, don't you? As I was saying, congratulations.)

9 comments:

Susan Hasbrouck said...

drive-thru carwash, from inside your car

Steven Taylor said...

It looks like a nebula to me at first glance.

Is it a picture of oil in a puddle?

Anonymous said...

I am thinking oil on the pavement too. But since Steven got that one....how about a reflection through glass?

Mike Bailey said...

justcurious--inside the fold here, we'll say that your answer was much more creative, if also less correct, than steven taylor's more boring, if also more accurate, answer.

here's what i want now:

1. to start taking photos from inside the drive-thru carwash.

2. never to take another "oilslick in a puddle shot" again.

Mike Bailey said...

timekeeper--

reflection of...what?

no matter. st got it right.

bless you for playing, however.

Steven Taylor said...

I win! I win!

Mike Bailey said...

and so quickly, too. that's what i found so discouraging, err, I mean wonderful.

Prudence said...

I hope you understand the level of fear and anxiety that title gives your former students... Bailey + the word "quiz" still incites many nightmares about multiple choice questions with 26 possible answers. And it's been at least 3 years now since I've taken a class from you...

Mike Bailey said...

prudence-

first of all, have no fear now.

whatever i did to you at that time, you survived.

know also this. i checked out your profile (very quickly) and our music tastes are weirdly similar.

so i must have taught you something.

the important things.