Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rainman



Cool, eh?

I formed him by merging two photos.

-----

Speaking of merging stuff, I think that for this year I'm going to merge two activities and thereby improve both of them. I am forever making and breaking New Year's resolutions, and it's also my habit to note (though not to state) how people are slipping into (or are fully stuck in) an unfortunate state of pod-personhood.

So this year, I thought that rather than making my own New Year's resolutions, I'll make them for others. You know. For their good. I briefly considered doing this with proper names and everything, but I thought better against it. So I'll go generic and non-specific.

Let's start.

1. Don't pretend to be Swedish when you're not.

There. That feels better already. A good general rule, and aimed at no one in particular.

It's too late for me to list more suggestions, but I hereby resolve to add more resolutions. In the meantime, feel free to contribute any resolution you would have others follow in the upcoming year.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Technoprairie said...

2. Learn to love all vegetables.

(also aimed at no one in particular)

2b. If you are unable to love the vegetables, at least learn to like them a teensy bit.

Andy D. said...

My New Year's Resolution:

Be yourself.

It applies to the former A1. How would it apply to your own new form of resolution making?

Now. This photo. Was this a metaphor with the revolutionary soldier and the rain? Or was it just a random merging of two photos because they were there? I suspect the latter but want to see what you can give me on it.

A1.

Britt Hannah said...

wow, incredibly image and a fantastic blend

Mike Bailey said...

technoprairie--

a most excellent suggestion, and one i (already!!) follow (in moderation).

Andy D--

How would it apply to my own form of resolutation making? Perfectly. Resolving action for others IS my gig, baby.

And as to your second question, here's my answer: Neither, fool. No, it's not a metaphor in any intended way, but neither is it "random"--at least from an artistic perspective. Dude, I looked at hundreds of photos (I'm not kidding) and chose to merge these based on their compositions and color schemes. Admittedly about a dozen other tries were less successful, though you'll see a few others (including one that I love) in the next couple of weeks.

Good to have you on board, Andy D.

Britt--

Thanks for checking out the blog!

Anonymous said...

4. Stop whining and take action!

Hypothetical non-particular example: If one were wanting a new photo enabling device, one should just buy one and leave the rest of the world out of it!