Wednesday, December 17, 2008

blame their mother



i take my daughters and two of their friends to ballet (and swimming) once a week. we were all at my office before it was time to leave, and i stepped out of the office for a bit. my oldest daughter decided to set up her jacket and gloves to make it look like a person typing at the computer. they filled the fingers of the gloves with markers and did who knows what all with the rest of it. the point is that when i returned i shrieked like a little girly boy when i saw the....thing at my computer.

needless to say, there was a lot of triumphant laughter on their part.

a LOT.

but isn't that weird of my daughter? i blame her mother.

5 comments:

Susan Hasbrouck said...

That's funny, and actually better than my initial thought... which was that she had one of her sisters stuffed down in there wishing she could breathe.

Mike Bailey said...

exactly. thanks, steve, for not hurting her feelings. no reason to rub it in, you know.

Technoprairie said...

Of course it is her mother. See any eyeballs or bees? I don't - so it must not be your influence.

Mike Bailey said...

People, take note of Technoprairie's logic.

Thank you.

Finally someone who sees things clearly.

Thank you, Technoprairie.

Susan Hasbrouck said...

My son must share your fear of winter wear coming to life. When I showed him this photo, which I had told him in advance was funny, he looked for several seconds, then gave a very weak grin and accompanying sort-of chuckle. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think he didn't find it altogether funny.