Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chicago portraits, pt. 2



Taken from the train I took riding from the city north to Kristin's and David's (and Caleb's) place. I enjoyed riding the second story; I found the relative solitariness agreeable, and I found the clackety-clack of the train soothing. I spent my time swimming in a reverie, playing hide-and-seek with my thoughts for a most agreeable hour or so home. For this picture I reached my camera into the middle of the train as far as I could while still trying to be unnoticed. It's not a perfect photo, but I like how it clearly captures a shared moment (if nothing but the passing of the paper) between a couple.




This little rascal was having great fun pretending to be a lion cub. Despite what Justcurious says, this is one instance that I couldn't will the hundred thousand people on the sidewalk away. It would have been a nicer capture without Mr. Businessman.



Oh, the teeming masses going to work in the a.m. This photo is ruined, of course. You know why. And if you don't, I won't tell you. Unless you ask. That's how I roll: backbone of a banana and all.

4 comments:

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Send it to me. I'll not only inexpertly Photoshop out Mr. Businessman, I'll add Remus and change the lion to a wolf.

Andy D. said...

Alls I'm gonna say about this photo being ruined is, The Smiler...

Susan Hasbrouck said...

The baseball cap.

Mike Bailey said...

I don't like the baseball cap, but it's the smiler who ruins it for me.