Sunday, June 21, 2009

Recycled blue



Every once in a while I take a photograph that reminds me why I do this. This is one of those photos. The morning light was streaming into my office when I noticed how beautifully it lit up the plastic lining bag in the recycling bin. I placed the bin on my desk so its bottom end was facing the window. And here's what you have as a result. I love the color, and I like the folds and movement and contrasts. Not pure abstraction--since it is, in fact, a perfect representation of the inside of a recycling bin--but close enough.

4 comments:

Technoprairie said...

Am I just linking you and eyes and bees, but does it look like a eye in the lighter portion of the picture all the way to the left?

Technoprairie said...

Now I think I see two eyes in the light part.

Mike Bailey said...

thanks, steven taylor!

technoprairie--i hadn't noticed. i can't help but make eyeballs. it's in my nature to do so.

timekeeper said...

This is like giving away the magician's trick. The viewer does not need to know you are taking old trash bags and playing with them, I mean, creating with them.