Friday, April 10, 2009

The Inn on Bourbon



Dear readers:

I've been shamed by you, my blog audience. Or as I like to call you, my "blog-ience." In emails. In person. And now on a post. I haven't forgotten about you dear reader, it's simply that my non-virtual relations and obligations have unfortunately taken higher priority. Not because they're more important than you--for how could they be?!--but merely because they can do more to harm me than you all can.

But here's my pledge: I will soon offer you my theory of translations and conversions of one thing to another. Okay, it's not really a theory. Yet. But it is "things I've thought about" and therefore worthy of your consideration (and endorsement and, let's be honest, praise).

It's coming.

I also pledge lots of photos I've taken recently in NYC and Chicago. But until I have time to look at them myself, we'll have to make do with more photos from my NOLA trip.

I know, I know. You're sick of the NOLA. Of course. And how can I blame you?

I can't.

Peace.

Yours,

mb

5 comments:

formerstudent said...

Ahhh.

I suddenly feel this great sense of refreshment. Like a tall cool glass of sweet tea in July. I can breathe once again.

I'm sorry it had to go that far. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Mike Bailey said...

Once again, I apologize.

What was I thinking?!

Thank you for your patience (until you, you know, snapped and all).

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Thank you, formerstudent, for putting voice to our agony, our fruitless, checking every day agony. Sometimes as an advocate you just have to get tough. Oh, and thanks, mb, for caving and perhaps risking the wrath of some actual, existing entity.

Steven Taylor said...

but merely because they can do more to harm me than you all can.

Quite the realist, aren'tcha?

So, the next time we want photos we just have to threaten to have you kneecapped.

(See, former students can wax poetic, but grumpy professor types cut to the chase.)

timekeeper said...

As one of those "obligations", I feel a little insulted. I would harm you? Okay, maybe I would. Maybe I have. But still. I would like to think that you would fulfill all of your obligations and then spend the 25th and 26th hour of the day providing photos and commentary for my enjoyment. You should or I will hurt you. Oops.