Friday, February 27, 2009

Phantom Eyeball Booger Scrub



Note: Today this morning I received this elegant email note.

"I don’t have much time, but I thought I’d take a second to write you about my feelings regarding my caption proposal, Phantom eyeball booger scrub. It’s a gosh-darned fantastic caption – poetic some may say (just call my wife), and is not, in my opinion, getting the mad props it rightly deserves. Gee, the more I think of it, the more impressed I become with myself. My intellectual heft (not to be confused with my charismatic girth) cannot be ignored – feel its weight, Mr. Mxxxxxx Bxxxxx. Feel its weight.

Please do not ignore my magnificent contribution to the blogosphere, and for sake of all that’s right and true, do not direct it to the wastecan of captions gone bad – it would be a tremendous loss to humanity, if not the universe (perhaps even, the solar system).

Your humble captioneer,
Pxxx Axxxxxxx"

How could I argue with that? Really. He makes a good case.

Done.

--------


So do it. Make a suggestion. The winner gets the caption. Here's what we have thus far:

From Justcurious:

* Where I End and You Begin

* Strange Overtones

* Creep (see note below)

* memento mori (see note below)

From Paul Atkinson:

* Phantom eyeball booger scrub

From Andy D.:

* Too High Five!

From Timekeeper:

* "If this guy lets go of my nose, I'm toast!"

Steven Taylor:

* Sinus Pressure

Shinigami-Sidhe:

* Cutting off a nose to spite a face

I shouldn't make comments at this stage in the process, but let me just say this. Justcurious, you surely know by now how brilliant I think you are. And I think that because you are. But you must also remember that I'm a dude, and as such captions like Paul's have a HUGE advantage over your more subtle, if still clever, captions.

I'm just saying.

It's going to be hard to top "Phantom eyeball booger scrub." Now maybe between now and the time I make the final decision I'll mature by two or three decades, in which case I would choose something else.

We'll see.

-----

Creep is better, Justcurious. Still, a little cheap. How am I to resist that title? Not fair.

----

memento mori? really? justcurious, when i think of you i think of an eminently fair person, a person who believes in justice and playing by the rules. gosh, normally you're graceful and charming and, well, just very civilized. but here you'd stoop so low to use memento mori?! you'd pander to me this much just to win the caption?

i must say that i approve. good move on your part.

---

Andy D. Too High Five. Fabulous, if done with a Borat accent.

S.Taylor, Sinus Pressure is great. The label, not the actual thing.

9 comments:

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Where I End and You Begin

Anonymous said...

Phantom eyeball booger scrub - beat that, Homeslice!

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Strange Overtones

(oh i'm sorry. was this a one per person thing?)

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Okay, changing my mind but continuing the theme, i submit... Creep.

Hahahaha.

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Finally, I'm going to jump off the top rope and aim for the jugular with... memento mori.

Andy D. said...

Too High Five.

Anonymous said...

My title is "If this guy lets go of my nose, I'm toast!"

Steven Taylor said...

"Sinus Pressure"

Because that picture is pretty much what my head felt like earlier today.

Elisheba said...

I like Strange Overtones

My title: Cutting off a nose to spite a face