Friday, January 02, 2009

Tim and Caleb being Tim and Caleb as only Tim and Caleb can



Beautiful men, both.

All grown up now--one an attorney, the other a future pharmacist. And me simply grayer and weaker on account of having had them as students (many many times) in my classes.

---

On a sidenote, the little thing I did with the leaves in "nestled leaves" below was I put the tip of the dark leaf at the top just over the green leaf. I did it to give it a little more color balance and to make it subtly more interesting.

It was the right thing to do fo sho.

----

Here's a good thought brought to you courtesy of Bob Marley:

"Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be all right
I said, everything's gonna be all right-a
Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be all right, now
Everything's gonna be all right"

---

I hope he's right. Flesh is soft, pliable, and gives way ridiculously easily to the sharp and hard objects all around us.

Literally and metaphorically.

---

Bob Marley died from complications stemming from a wound inflicted on his big toe.

----

So it goes.

---

So it all goes.

2 comments:

Joyf said...

I totally knew that. About the nestled leaves. I figured it was either that, or you sprinkled water droplets over them.

Interestingly, I have had the exact same thought/image as you about soft flesh and hard objects. Only in my case it takes the form of a sense of the strangeness that a plane of molecules (say, a sheet of iron) in the wrong place in another mass of molecules (say, a critical body part) might make such a massive difference in life and death.

And on that note, happy New Year to you too. :)

Mike Bailey said...

I'm not surprised at all. I started taking digital photos at age 36, and I'm 41 now. I took a few film photos before this age, but I had a ridiculously cheap camera and would go years between shots apart from, say, a vacation. By contrast, you take such lovely photos at such a tender young age, and your abilities far surpass anything I had at your age--and that even I had been taking photos.

So...I'm not surprised you'd get it. BTW, the water was already there; that's what drew my eye to the scene.

Along the line of your second comment, I've had a similar line of thought, which is simply to consider how odd it is that the same bag of chemicals--the body--can mean something so differently ten seconds apart in time--between life and death. I suppose part of the issue isn't chemical as much as mechanical. A broken bike has the same chemicals as does a function bike.