Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"gathering clouds"



I took this photo before Obama's inauguration. I was the first person there, thus the absence of people.

I was the first there because I lined up for the event last June. Sadly, I had to go home and no one held my place. So tragically I missed the actual ceremony.

A question and a directive:

1. Why do I ruin my serious photos with silly commentaries and lies?

2. Provide us with an example of when you won an argument--that is, when you decisively persuaded someone who disagreed with you about a serious and substantive matter to accept your view of things. Feel free (in this one occasion only) to submit your response anonymously.

8 comments:

Steven Taylor said...

That's a great shot.

And I thought the rule around here was the anonymity was the preference and only cool kids like me used their real name. So shouldn't the admonition be that for just this once people should use their own names?

Elisheba said...

Why do you think seriousness is ruined by silliness or lies?

Mike Bailey said...

s-s:

mostly i'm trying to capture moods in my photos, so sometimes the contrast between the mood of the photo and the mood of the commentary dilutes both.

Joyf said...

haha. i think the contrast only heightens them. we don't think life is dulled by being various .. and i truly do think the juxtaposition of serious and silly is somehow deeply .. humane? deeply affirming of humanness, is what i mean.

Mike Bailey said...

awww...i think i could get used to comments like this, joyf! thanks.

jonbon said...

"burgeoning"...that would've been my title.

we need another sad song post. i'm just saying. i've been way to happy lately and i'm counting on you, big cat, to do what you do best and bring down my spirits.

jonbon said...

*too

my bad;-)

Mike Bailey said...

jonbon--

you're so sweet, asking me to bring you down. you know i'll do it for you, brother. i'll bring you down, fo sho. i'm lookin' forward to it.