Monday, January 05, 2009

For the last time, I'm telling you to be happy!!



Two of my homeys featured here. Here's the story. We're in NYC visiting cathedrals. (That's what happens when you go with seminary students/graduates.) I was taking my usual array of death-haunted photos, when I decided to go cheery because, frankly, I was giddy walking around in that blessed city with two people who tolerate my constant derision more than any healthy people should.

So I asked them to pose for a cheery shot.

And they gave me cheer. But not enough. I needed "people turn to look at the display of cheeriness" cheer. That's what I needed. So I asked for more cheer. They rolled their eyes and gave me even more cheer. Impressive, really. But just to play with them I kept asking for more, knowing that sooner or later they'd burst into laughter and I'd get the shot I wanted. Well the dude on the left, Jonbon, in response to my photo tyranny, started calling me things I choose here not to repeat. This prompted both of them to crack up.

Click.

Boom.

And I thereby gots me my shot. Photo tyrant? Or, photo genius? You decide. (Photo genius.)

So take that, S.T.

I got cheer out the ol' yin-yang AND the wazoo.

====

I run with a handsome crowd, don't I?

6 comments:

Susan Hasbrouck said...

Indeed!

Elisheba said...

I kind of prefer the death to the cheery cheer, but I respect your willingness to relentlessly torment others in pursuit of happiness.

With respect to your most recent poll question, did you mean 2008 or are we supposed to understand the question in an anticipatory kind of way?

Mike Bailey said...

jc--

oh, you're good. very nice.

----

s-s,

D'oh!!! Okay, I fixed the 2009 thing.

and thank you for complimenting my intent. and guess what? i'm not done!

Steven Taylor said...

In other words: "Harassment Becomes Happiness"

Evil genius, you.

jonbon said...

these are handsome dudes.

Mike Bailey said...

handsome indeed. best of all, they secretly love the tyranny. right down to their inner cores.