Thursday, September 04, 2008

the little stain glass window


A friend's mother-in-law passed away, and his wife inherited this little stain glass window which measures roughly six inches by nine inches. As you can see, it hangs from a small chain, and I suppose its purpose is to decorate a window. She, in turn, gave it to me as a lovely gift, and I took it out one evening and had a friend (another friend) hold it in front of one of those uberbright floodlights that lights up a building. I positioned the camera so that the stain glass window blocked any direct light of the floodlight from hitting the lens. The result is something that looks decidedly phony but in fact is a true representation of what the camera captured.
This is not one of my favorite photos because it's too static, too stain glass-windowy.
"Stainglass" or "stainedglass" or "stain-glass" or, my preference, "stained-glass" window feel better than "stain glass"?

2 comments:

Steven Taylor said...

I'm with you: stained-glass makes the most sense.

Joyf said...

to make line breaks, try less-than-sign br greater-than-sign. it should work. to skip a line, put two in a row. i have to type it out like that or it'll read it and do
this

congratulations, you're now writing basic html!