Thursday, August 28, 2008

winter night photo


Little bit of an update: 1. a friend (jonbon) who's spending the night has told me that he received a bag and zucchini and squash this summer. I asked him what he did with it, and he said, "umm...well, it kind of rotted."
Hmm....I'm shocked.
2. On four separate occasions this summer, sweet and very dear (and very elderly) neighbors have given us bags of tomatoes. They did not grow the tomatoes. Other generous souls gave them even more tomatoes, and they were just passing what they could not eat on to us and to others. Here's what we did with the tomatoes. One bag we ate entirely because my tomato-intensive in-laws ate them at every turn, but for the other bags we ate just one tomato and the rest returned to the tomato vine in the sky.
It's all just a shame, really. Just the all of it.
This has nothing to do with the picture. And right now I should go because my friend (jonbon) is sitting on the couch next to me talking to my wife. Here I am sitting with a laptop (a new luxury), and what kind of friend am I being? A terrible one. And yet....stories of tomatoes must be told when they must be told.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you having some kind of reader roundtable at your house? why aren't the rest of us liquor store patrons invited?

Mike Bailey said...

nice try, liquor store patron. you know i saw you there last night.

--

hey, you know you have a standing invite.

jonbon said...

you two tickle me.

hey...thanks for the love advice;-)

Mike Bailey said...

well.....okay.

and as for my love "advice," you're welcome, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww...jonbon makes our delightful evening together sound like a Woody Allen movie. Not the funny Woody Allen...the creepy one.

Mike Bailey said...

that's why i like his visits.

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwww.

Mike Bailey said...

i like the "delightful evening" part of the visit, fool. not the creepy woody allen part. dude....

Anonymous said...

I knew that. Funny you didn't think I knew that.