Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dolls are cool!!



My sis-in-law (not the one of the American Doll hair straightener wisdom) gave me a wooden doll for Christmas a few years ago. It's the kind you see in the picture here. It's not the kind of doll you'd make fun of me for playing with; it's the cool kind that artists study to do sketches of the human form when they can't (or shouldn't) hire naked people to pose for them.

Dolls are great when you don't have access to naked people. That's always been a rule of mine.

"YKW" saw these dolls in the window, and since I've featured my doll on the blog before, I thought it would be great to feature twenty of them! The window display presented bunches of them in all sorts of poses, with some on ledges and faux "floors." So with the reflection of the city thrown captured too, it looks like they're hanging out on the buildings.

Dolls are cool.

1 comment:

Technoprairie said...

Very cool picture. It's like one of the Escher-like prints where there are tons of figures going up and down stairs that never connect right.